Oct 28, 2009

Across Tundras in DC show Poster

Photobucket

Hey, this flyer looks alot like my logo up there!
This was originally going to be a series of two posters for two seperate shows back to back using similar images that would change from the first day to the second. Long story short the schedules got changed and the two shows ended up melding into one and I used the other image for the portfolio zine cover which I should have up in the next blog.

First I drew and inked a version but left the cross hatching uninked then scanned it.

Photobucket

After that I inked the cross hatching and scanned the version with the cross hatching in place.

Photobucket

I put the two together in Photoshop, the non cross hatching one ontop, and assigned the top outline one a dark blue color and the bottom with cross hatching a dark green.

Photobucket

From there I used the Wacom to flesh out shadows and highlights and broke down the Flame by selecting parts of it and assigning them colors and transparencies.

Photobucket

No comments: