Dec 17, 2012

Ron Whitehead and Blaak Heat Shujaa Southern California 2012 tour poster



The famed and multicontinental Thomas Bellier asked me to do a tour poster for his also multinational band, Blaak Heat Shujaa, with even more famed and lauded poet Ron Whitehead. I've spoken with an even met Thomas briefly before and was psyched to do the work for this poster.  After I started and began listening to their first record I got even more into it and now I'm a fanboy EAGERLY awaiting their next EP and record which will be out on Tee Pee soon, the EP in a week or two and album in 2013.

The deadline was tight but Thomas had an idea which saved time and I had some leftover ideas I added to it that came together nicely. Plus he asked for the hills, desert, clouds and cacti I've been gaining a rep for. Below is the transformation from small sketches, thumbnail and final pencil drawing.




Below is some snapshots of the drawing and inking as well as some work in progress examples. The color had to be amped up and given more saturation once I was nearing the finish line, shoulda done a color comp!



Buy This poster here: Skillit's Etsy.com shop


No comments: